Role of the Board The primary responsibility of the board of directors (the “Board”) of the Waunakee Youth Lacrosse Club (the “Club”) is to promote the best interests of the Club and its membership by overseeing the management of the Club’s business and affairs. The Board’s general oversight responsibilities include:
· overseeing the conduct of the Club’s business generally · reviewing and approving the Club’s fundamental operating, financial and other plans, strategies and objectives and monitoring performance related thereto · approving policies of Club conduct, including policies regarding compliance with applicable laws and regulations, maintenance of accounting, financial and other controls · assessing the Club’s material risks · evaluating periodically the overall effectiveness of the Board; and · performing other responsibilities specifically prescribed by applicable laws and regulations and the Club’s Certificate of Incorporation and Bylaws.
Individual/Committee Roles and Responsibilities To carry-out the foregoing, each Director will be assigned responsibility for certain defined elements of the Club’s operation as more fully described below. Such responsibilities are not intended to be exhaustive, but define areas of operation in which the Director will hold leadership accountability and provide direction or support, whether alone or through the actions of a committee established to carry-out such purposes, or following consultation with the Board and other Directors.
PRESIDENT The President of the Club directs the overall management of the Club as provided in the Club’s bylaws, and serves as the principal liaison between the Members and Board and serves as the principal liaison on community and membership outreach matters. Specific responsibilities may include, without limitation:
· Member Communications on Governance Matters · Board Meetings and Agendas · Strategic Planning and Goal Setting · Others?
VICE PRESIDENT The Vice President of the Club assists the President in directing the overall management of the Club as provided in the Club’s bylaws, and serves as the principal coordinator of coaching matters. Specific responsibilities may include, without limitation:
· Coaching Coordinator · Member Outreach · Fundraising for Club and Facility Improvements · Others?
SECRETARY The Secretary of the Club is responsible for the administration functions as provided in the Club’s bylaws and as necessary to support Club operations. Specific responsibilities may include, without limitation:
· Club Mailbox · Arranging Access to Facilities for Club Events · Apparel · Others?
TREASURER The Treasurer of the Club is responsible for managing the financials for the Club as provided in the Club’s bylaws. Specific responsibilities may include, without limitation:
· Management of Financial Accounts · Payroll · Check writing · Deposits · Budget Planning · Others? GRADE LEVEL REPRESENTATIVES The Team Liaison will be responsible to communicate directly with the specific age groups they are representing and bring and comments or concerns to the board.
WEB MASTER /MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS The Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for directing the Club’s marketing efforts and communications outside of the organization. Specific responsibilities may include, without limitation:
· Branding and marketing activities for the Club · Logo maintenance and brand promotion · Maintaining the Club’s social media branding · Communications with the press and media · Coordinating registration activities · Managing the Club’s website, including any necessary updates or changes · Managing the Club’s email account · Interacting with League Athletics